Ads

Friday, July 23, 2021

How to Change Assertive Sentences Into Exclamatory Sentences?

How to Change Assertive Sentences Into Exclamatory Sentences?

Changing sentences from Assertive sentence to Exclamatory sentence is an essential part of sentences in the English language and grammar. Here is the structure of the converting sentences from assertive to exclamatory sentence or exclamatory to assertive sentence along with examples and explanations. Using these structure, you are able to change a sentence from assertive to exclamatory sentence.

part of sentences in the English language

In the conversion process, you should always keep in mind that you cannot change the meaning of sentences without structuring. Before discussing the structure of sentence conversion, I want to give you a clear idea about the assertive and exclamatory sentence and their basic structure.

What is an Assertive Sentence

An Assertive sentence is a simple sentence that declares the sentence as a statement, event, occasion, experience, any, idea, situation; Therefore, an assertive sentence is also called a declarative sentence.

Examples:-
  • I love teaching English.
  • You guys are the best singer.
  • We watched a nice movie yesterday.
  • Jon is my best school friend.
  • Alex is a good football player.
  • She is a humble man.
  • I like him for his intensity.
  • She goes to school everyday.


What is an Exclamatory Sentence

What does exclamatory mean? An Exclamatory sentence, sometimes called an exclamation sentence, is a statement that presents an exclamation. An exclamatory sentence uses exclamation points for the last punctuation and it is meant to be read and spoken with a particular emphasis.

Examples:-
  • This car is amazing! (expressing happiness)
  • My cat has passed away! (expressing sorrow)
  • How can you lose that paper! (expressing frustration)
  • What a movie that was! (expressing admiration)
  • How beautiful this city town is!
  • Why don’t you listen to my words!
  • Oh, I was going to be there now!
  • No more, give up!

NOTE: 
One important matter that you must remember that in an exclamatory sentence, the verb comes at the last of a sentence and then you have to put an exclamation sign (!). An exclamation word and the sign can also place at the beginning of the sentence after an exclamation like such as hurrah!, alas!, and fie!

Now, I hope you have no problem recognizing assertive and exclamatory sentences in English.

How to Change Assertive Sentence to Exclamatory Sentence Structure

You have to follow the structure mentioned in the bold below while changing assertive sentences to exclamatory sentences.

Assertive Sentence structure
  • Subject + verb + a + very + adjective or adverb + ext.
  • Subject + verb + very + adjective or adverb + ext.
  • Subject+ wish+ subject+ verb+ ext.
  • Subject + wish + subject + could + verb + ext.

Exclamatory Sentence structure
  • What + a + adjective/adverb + ext. + subject + verb!
  • How + adjective/ adverb + ext. + subject + verb!
  • If + subject + verb + ext.!
  • Would that+ subject+ could+ verb+ ext!

Assertive sentence examples:
  • This is a very happy day.
  • It is a beautiful day.
  • That was a nerve-racking match.
  • It is a very shameful behavior.
  • Max has an amazing car.
  • It is a very beautiful scenery.
  • You have a beautiful girl to love.
  • This building is huge.
  • She was shocked to see me.
  • You are fortunate to have her.
  • The new place was expensive.
  • The weather is romantic.
  • My hand is paining very badly.
  • I have been very foolish. 
  • He/ She is excited to come to my place.
  • I wish that I would look my home again. 
  • I wish I were a king of this town.
  • I wish I were a cricket player.
  • I hope you study better for final exam.
  •  I wish I could fly.
  • I wish I were young again.
  • I wish I could be a child/ baby again.
  • I wish that I were unhappy. 
  • I wish that I had wasted my dollar. 
  • I wish that I  had got success. 
  • I wish I could be a cricket/ football player.
  • I wish I could fly like a Wagtail.

Exclamatory sentence examples:
  • What a happy day this is!
  • What a beautiful day it was!
  • What a nerve-racking match that was!
  • What a shameful behavior! 
  • What an amazing car you have!
  • What a beautiful scenery!
  • What a beautiful girl you have to love!
  • How huge this building is!
  • How shocked she was to see me!
  • How fortunate you are to have her!
  • How expensive the new place was!
  • How romantic the weather is!
  • How badly my hand is paining!
  • How foolish I have been! 
  • How excited he/ she is to come to my place!
  • If only I  could look my home again!
  • If I were a king of this town!
  • If I were a cricket player!
  • If you study better for final exam!
  • If I could fly!
  • If I were young again!
  • Would that I could be a child/ baby again!
  • Would that I were unhappy! 
  • Would that I had wasted my dollar!
  • Would that I  had got success! 
  • Would that I could be a cricket/ football player!
  • Would that I could fly like a Wagtail!

Conclusion on Assertive to Exclamatory Sentence

There are the all examples used to transform from assertive to exclamatory. This is an important lesson for both College & School Exams and University Admission Exams. So now, make sure you have studied this lesson carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment